You work tirelessly to keep your family safe and healthy, and to make your house a home for them. Have you been noticing your kids getting sick for no reason at all? Despite all the vitamins and nutritious food you prepare? Well, most people don’t realize that they have a mold problem – go to mold inspection Tampa for more information. While it might sound hard to believe, over 4 million people are sent to the hospital due to mold exposure.
In this article, you will discover the different signs that may be an indicator that your illness is caused by mold.
Commonly caused by viral infections, sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses. So what does mold have to do with it? When mold finds its way into your sinus cavity, your body’s defenses react to the “invader” to fight off the fungi and which causes your sinuses to swell. If there are no other allergens in your home—fur, dust, or pollen, it is best to check if you have a mold problem so you can get rid of it. You don’t want your sinusitis to drag on for weeks because it will affect your overall mood and even increase your stress levels.
Headaches can be caused by many factors but if you’ve been getting them more than usual, then it becomes something that you should pay close attention to. Headaches caused by a mold problem is often secondary to having sinusitis. Because you’re having a hard time breathing, and that blockage can cause some pressure which leads to headaches. Getting rid of the mold should be your top priority because you wouldn’t want you or any family member to feel worse.
Since your body recognizes mold as a foreign body that shouldn’t be there, it produces high levels of histamine which causes red, watery eyes. This is often accompanied by a stuffy nose and sneezing, and for some, even sinusitis. If you have eliminated all possible allergens and you still get allergy-like symptoms, it is best to check if you have a mold problem to relieve some of the irritation and redness.
If you ignore all the signs of a possible mold problem, you will definitely experience fatigue. Imagine sneezing and being unable to breathe properly for days (or even weeks)? This can be very tiring and your body is working double time, trying to breathe while fighting this irritant. The best solution for this is to go see your doctor to get proper medication and to have your place cleaned by a specialist that knows how to deal with mold.
While it seems like a mild symptom of mold exposure, rashes can pose a great danger to exposing you to an infection. Why is that? Well, as your body produces histamine, you may either have a respiratory (breathing) issue or for some people, itchy red spots that are so hard not to scratch.
Try to avoid scratching your skin as much as possible because this may cause small wounds which exposes your body to more mold and can lead to an infection. You can get some discharge from the wound and even fever. If your child is experiencing this, contact your pediatrician immediately. Also make sure that you find somewhere else to stay to avoid coming into contact with mold while the mold removal experts clean your place.